Well hello there...
change is good. but why?
recently i decided to change some things about myself.
I fearlessly let a complete novice cut all my hair off with kitchen scissors on my balcony
because, well why the hell not? its just hair, it grows back and i didnt think it was such a big deal, i certainly didnt care. but the reaction from people i know, its ridiculous.. its hair for craps sake. I'm still the same person, and just cos i have short hair doesnt mean i'm a lesbian. seriously i was astonished at the stupidity of people. if i dont care, why should they?
I quit woolworths. cos i figured it was time for a change, and honestly, i think my intellect and social skills demand i find a job a little more challenging. so before i even had another job lined up, i just walked in and resigned. ahhh good feeling... (ps anyone wanna give me a job)
I swallowed my pride and moved back into my parents place.
I am trying to ask more interesting questions and listen more to my friends.
It all feels very.. liberating... but why?
i think its because of Agency.
As a human being I can choose and do.
and i think sometimes we forget that. we let the media, others, society, institutions.. tell us what we want, what we should think and feel, what behaviour is right.
well screw that.
change.
do something for you, that makes you feel good.
learn something, get out of your comfort zone and try something.
decide to get off this damn computer and read a frickin book. i dont care.
but i think we should all realise the great self power we have to be individuals. and embrace it a little more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How exiting then, hope it works out for you! Sounds like you're on your way though. And, how exiting for me in writing your first post.
Post a Comment